Dr Whitaker of the Whitaker Center / Whitaker Wellness Institute has a new & improved all natural formula specifically to help protect vision as well as improve night vision.
If you have read Dr Whitaker’s books or taken a look at his free diabetes report you know that he has been on the forefront of Diabetic research for many, many years and that he has a lot of great information to share.
With the introduction of this improved vision supplement we are confident that this product will stand along with his other wonderful supplements and herbal remedies in helping many Diabetics to improve and safeguard their vision.
Here’s a bit of what Dr Whitaker’s site has to say about Vision Essentials:
- Provides the 19 best vitamins for eyes and healthy vision.Delivers unparalleled antioxidant protection from carotenoids including astaxanthinandzeaxanthinâ€”important for overall vision, especially critical for seeing color and detail. Astaxanthin also enhances the eyesâ€™ ability to keep things in focus.
- Promotes sharper night vision with peak doses of black currant, which also promotes the antioxidant defense mechanisms in your retinal epithelial cells, and supports blood vessels, which is critical to your eye health and night vision.Black currant, a natural cousin to blueberries and cranberries, has been shown in clinical studies to produce measurable improvements in night vision. Black currant contains anthocyanosides and other flavonoids, which also help improve circulation to and within the eyes.A balanced diet that includes supplementation with astaxanthin, black currant, lutein and zeaxanthin may improve night vision as well as put an end to dry, tired eyes and reduce the effects of glare.Studies show that within 30 minutes, black currant can significantly improve your night vision.1 In another study, participants were given a drink containing 40 mg of black currant anthocyanosides. As in the first study, participants could see significantly better in the darkâ€”once again within just 30 minutes.2
- Includes the research dosage of lutein shown to promote the health of your retina, macula, lenses, and optic nerves, as well as support visual acuity.A recent study examined subjectsâ€™ tolerance to glare. The study showed that participants who took 10 mg of lutein and 2 mg of zeaxanthin daily for four months (which you get in Vision Essentials) had a significant improvement in their glare tolerance. After six months, their recovery time for seeing clearly again after being â€œblindedâ€ by bright light significantly decreased.3
Plus, thereâ€™s a new study, hot off the presses that reveals taking lutein, zeaxanthin, and black currant togetherâ€”in the doses included in Vision Essentialsâ€”may reduce visual fatigue.
Vision Essentials provides 15 mg of lutein and 2 mg of zeaxanthinâ€”the optimal doses based on the latest research. This is important, especially when it comes to lutein. A new study published in Clinical Nutrition showed that the proper dose of lutein is critical for supporting optimal eye health. In fact, inadequate levels may prevent you from experiencing any benefits at all.
- Includes the powerhouses alpha lipoic acid, taurine, N-acetyl cysteine, L-glycine, and vitamin C to shield delicate eye cells from the damaging oxidative stress caused by UV light.
- Nourishes eyes with zinc, a mineral which is highly concentrated in your retinas which helps them function properly.
- Delivers optimal levels of vitamin A in beta-carotene form, which synthesizes a chemical needed for clear eyesight.Dr. Whitaker made this change based on the AREDS study conducted by the National Institutes of Health, pure beta-carotene, when combined with other eye-supporting nutrients, is what your eyes require for healthy vision.4
- Unparalleled antioxidant protection from carotenoids includingastaxanthin and zeaxanthin â€” important for overall vision, especially critical for seeing color and detail and enhancing the eyes’ ability to keep things in focus.
- Recycles antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E, via Alpha Lipoic Acid(ALA), restoring them to their active forms after they have become oxidized.
- Relieves dry, tired eyes with all-natural schisandra berry.
- Plus, Vision Essentials includes eight additional nutrients that work together to provide extra vision support and protection like no other formula that exists today.
- 1 Nakaishi H, et al. Effects of black currant anthocyanoside intakes on dark adaptation and VDT work induced transient refractive alteration in healthy humans. Alternative Medicine Review 2000;5(6):1â€“10.
- 2 Tominagal, S, et al. Effects of black currant anthocyanosides on visual function. BioScience Laboratories, Saitama, Japan
- 3 Stringham JM, and Hammond R. Macular pigment and visual performance under glare conditions. Optometry and Vision Science, 2008:85(2): 82â€“88.
- 4 ARED Study Research Group. A randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial of high-dose supplementation of vitamins C and E, beta carotene, and zinc for macula health: AREDS Report no. 8. Arch Ophthalmol 2001;119:1417â€“1436